제11회 서울국제신약포럼 > Forum & Conference

본문 바로가기

파이낸셜뉴스 부산파이낸셜뉴스 가이드포스트 파이낸셜뉴스재팬 fnMICE

지난행사목록

본문

Distinguished Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen from Home and Abroad:

It gives me immense pleasure in welcoming all of you to the 

11th Seoul International New Pharmaceuticals Forum co-hosted 

by the Financial News and the Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology(KRICT).

First of all, I would like to express our deep appreciation and

profound thanks to Jeon, Hye-Sook, member, the Health Welfare Committee, 

National Assembly, Lee, Eui-Kyung, Minister of Food and Drug Safety, Kim, Sung-Soo, 

Managing director, Science, Technology and Innovation Office, Ministry of Science 

and ICT and former chief of KRICT, Kim, Chang Gyun, acting chief of KRICT, Won, 

Hee-mok, chairman, Korea Pharmaceutical and Bio-Pharma Manufacturers Association, 

and officials from sponsoring institution, who are taking their precious time for today's event.

The pharmaceutical industry is also being changed drastically by the 4th industrial revolution.

Time and cost management is the biggest challenge especially for developing new pharmaceuticals,

but the new technological advances are likely to allow us to overcome such challenge. 

It is generally known that it takes at least a decade and requires from hundreds of billions 

to trillions of won for R&D performed in a new pharmaceutical drug. Compared to the time 

and effort involved, probability of success is merely 3 to 4%, which isn’t that high.

And a clinical trial is important in the development process of new pharmaceuticals. However, 

new pharmaceuticals that have been effective in the pre-clinical trials fail to be effective 

on the human clinical trials, which frequently leads to discontinue the development of new 

pharmaceuticals. It has been anticipated that costs and time for clinical trials can be reduced, 

if the effects of new pharmaceuticals can be confirmed at the cellular level of human tissues. 

With the development of new technologies since the advent of the 4th industrial revolution, 

studies on the effects of pharmaceuticals through tissue chips and organoids are lately 

carried out vigorously. That’s because the technology which enables to make 3-D cell structure 

using stem cells has become available.

I hope that presentations and discussions on ‘tissue chips’ and ‘organoids’ at the forum today 

could help Korea to become a powerful nation for pharmaceuticals. I wish all the best of luck 

and good health for all of you here. Thank you. 

Kim, Joo Hyun

President

Financial news

첨부파일

서울특별시 서초구 강남대로 315, 파이낸셜뉴스빌딩 9층 | TEL. 02-6965-0016 | FAX. 02-6965-0000 | E-mail : 8amwon@fnnews.com
Copyright ⓒ파이낸셜뉴스. All rights reserved.