제10회 퓨처 ICT 포럼 > Forum & Conference

본문 바로가기

파이낸셜뉴스 부산파이낸셜뉴스 가이드포스트 파이낸셜뉴스재팬 fnMICE

지난행사목록

본문

Distinguished Guests, 

It gives me immense pleasure in welcoming all of you to The 10th Future ICT Forum hosted 

by the 'First-Class Economy Newspaper' Financial News, and Ministry of Science and ICT. 

I would like to express my sincere appreciation to especially Woong Rae Noh, chairman of 

the Science, ICT, Broadcasting, and Communications Committee, and Young Min You, 

minister of the Science and ICT. My appreciation also goes to Jerome C. Glenn, CEO 

of the Millennium Project, who will give a keynote speech. 

The time has gone by so quickly. A decade ago, the Financial News held the First Mobile Forum 

here at the Westin Chosun Seoul. My memory that Hyung Oh Kim - who had led the relevant forum 

at the National Assembly as a chairman of the National Assembly - gave a congratulatory 

address remains fresh. In those days, Apple’s first iPhone truly surprised the entire world. 

The Financial News launched the Mobile Forum in haste to keep pace with the rapid changes 

in the market before anyone else.  

Last year, the Financial News renamed the Mobile Forum to the Future ICT Forum. 

Because a simple word ‘Mobile’ is not the only possible explanation for the hyper-connected world 

which has indeed become a reality.

The Financial News, this year, has decided to use the theme of “The ICT Game Changer in 

Hyper-Connectivity Era, The Magic Changing the Future” for The 10th Future ICT Forum. 

MAGIC is a word formed from the initial letters of Mobility, AI, 5G, IoT, and Cloud. 

Distinguished Guests, The president Jae In, Moon administration is aggressively pursuing 

business innovation and growth as an important part of policy. As part of this, President Moon 

recently remarked the “Manufacturing Renaissance Vision” with the goal of making Korea one of 

the four largest manufacturing powerhouses by 2030. I think it must be a highly motivated, 

timely policy which leads up time.  

To become a manufacturing powerhouse, ICT industry that builds manufacturing should be 

solid and strong. In a hyper-connected world of the early 21st century, AI powerhouse will allow 

a country to become a manufacturing powerful, and the same will go for 5G powerhouse. 

The forum today will offer a blueprint for Korea’s economic outlook that many experts from Korea 

and abroad are invited here. I look forward to today’s event that will be greater by the presence of 

the futurist Jerome C. Glenn and innovation experts.

I pledge that the Financial News will lead the way in promoting Korea’s ICT industry in the future, 

and hope to give us your interest and support. I would like to wish you all happiness and success.  

Thank you.

Jae-Ho Jeon

Chairman & CEO,

The Financial News

첨부파일

서울특별시 서초구 강남대로 315, 파이낸셜뉴스빌딩 9층 | TEL. 02-6965-0016 | FAX. 02-6965-0000 | E-mail : 8amwon@fnnews.com
Copyright ⓒ파이낸셜뉴스. All rights reserved.