제7회 국제 지식재산권 및 산업보안 컨퍼런스 > Forum & Conference

본문 바로가기

파이낸셜뉴스 부산파이낸셜뉴스 가이드포스트 파이낸셜뉴스재팬 fnMICE

지난행사목록

본문

Good morning! This is Kim Joo-hyun, president of Financial News.
It is my great honor to attend this ceremony to welcome all guests and citizens at ‘the 7th International

Intellectual Property & Industrial Security Conference’. Especially I would like to thank you all, Won Hae-

young, member of The Minjoo Party, Lee Young-dae, deputy head of the Korean Intellectual Property

Office, Goo Ja-yeol, chairman of the Presidential Council on Intellectual Property, Oh Gyoo-hwan, chairman

of the Korea Patent Attorneys Association, and Park Hee-jae, chairman of the Korean Association for

Industrial Technology Security. 

May 19 is the Invention Day. It is known that the day has arisen from May 19, 1441 (the 23rd year of King

Sejong’s reign) which the very first rain gauge ‘Cheugugi’ was invented. And May 15 is celebrated as the

birthday of King Sejong. It is the most gratifying that this event is held between King Sejong’s birthday and

invention day of Cheugugi.

King Sejong was not only a great inventor, but also a forerunner of the knowledge revolution. He brought

about the first knowledge revolution on the Korean Peninsula through the invention of Hangeul. As one of

the few human letters whose inventor and invention day were clearly known, Hangeul is our precious

intellectual property which brought up the written communication level of the Korean people to the world’s

highest in a short period of time. There is an evaluation that Hangul’s convenient and easy way to record

and deliver information made a contribution to transforming South Korea into as a manufacturing

powerhouse, further a leader in IT.

The industrial revolution was always driven by a reservoir of intellectual property. However, the intellectual

property in the era of the fourth industrial revolution which Internet of Things(IoT), Big Data, AI, virtual reality

and connectivity take lead could become more important than ever before. I believe abilities of companies,

industries and a nation to compete depend on how intellectual property is fostered, used, accumulated and

protected. It is the fact that the U.S., Europe and China and more are ahead of us in the fields of intellectual

property and new technology patents such as AI and Internet of Things(IoT). We should not be left behind

in this competition. I am delighted to be part of this event and wish the 7th International Intellectual Property

& Industrial Security Conference would be of great help to find solutions to foster and protect the

knowledge-based industry in the fourth industrial revolution.
Thank you very much.

Kim, Joo Hyun

President & CEO,

The Financial News

첨부파일

서울특별시 서초구 강남대로 315, 파이낸셜뉴스빌딩 9층 | TEL. 02-6965-0016 | FAX. 02-6965-0000 | E-mail : 8amwon@fnnews.com
Copyright ⓒ파이낸셜뉴스. All rights reserved.