제21회 서울국제금융포럼 > Forum & Conference

본문 바로가기

파이낸셜뉴스 부산파이낸셜뉴스 가이드포스트 파이낸셜뉴스재팬 fnMICE

지난행사목록

본문

Distinguished guests, 

I would like to express my sincere gratitude for all of you who took a precious step to come here 

in these difficult times. As you have just seen in the video, I believe that the DNA to overcome 

a crisis is deeply ingrained in the heart of Koreans. Whenever a great difficulty swept the nation, 

we’ve always united on one and overcome the harsh ordeal.

COVID-19 pandemic is no different. Now the entire world is amazed at how South Korea, 

where the virus once peaked, has transformed itself into a model for prevention. People 

did not even rush into panic-buying or hoarding of goods. Now many countries have reached 

out to us asking to send them diagnostic kits to learn our secret to combat the pandemic.

I believe that South Korea can also take the lead in overcoming the unprecedented 

economic crisis. The lessons learned from the MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) 

five years ago have become a solid foundation this time. We also have valuable experiences 

of overcoming the 1997 and 2008 financial crises, which will both be the driving force in 

saving the Korean economy from crisis today.

We’ve decided the theme of this year's forum as 'Post Coronavirus, Crisis and Challenge 

of the Global Financial Market'. Even President Moon Jae-in recently said, 

“Let South Korea be the first country to prepare for the post-coronavirus era.” I hope today’s 

forum becomes a stepping stone that leads the Korean economy to a new.

In addition, this forum will also discuss mid-to long-term tasks for localization 

of the new Southern policy. Ladies and gentlemen, there is a poem called ‘One Jujube’ by poet 

Jang Seok-joo, who sang:

No way it will turn red by itself

Some typhoons in there, Some thunder in there, Some thunderbolts in there

That's right. The whole universe must pour all its energy into producing one jujube. 

There is nothing easy in the world. However, if we strive hard, we will be able to bear a fine fruit 

as much as our effort.

It is said that wise people seek opportunities in crisis. President Lincoln of the U.S. once said 

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because bushes have roses.” 

Similarly, if we change our perspective, a crisis can be a precious, unparalleled opportunity again.

Finance is the lifeblood for saving the economy. We are grateful that our financial 

leaders have taken the lead in overcoming the economic crisis through close cooperation 

with the government. We held a successful general election last week despite the pandemic, 

awed by the entire world. Now is the time for the whole nation to work together to get over 

the national crisis. fn Media Group promises to continue to be a media company 

that will always be with all of you as a financial partner.

We wish the health and luck for all of you. Thank you very much.

Jae-Ho Jeon, 

Chairman of fn Media Group

첨부파일

서울특별시 서초구 강남대로 315, 파이낸셜뉴스빌딩 9층 | TEL. 02-6965-0016 | FAX. 02-6965-0000 | E-mail : 8amwon@fnnews.com
Copyright ⓒ파이낸셜뉴스. All rights reserved.